Please Help...I'm Confused

Nanna

Reef Freak
I have two clownfish and CUC in my tank. I keep reading clownfish are very aggressive eaters and should be feed twice a day. I've been feeding them 1/4 cube twice a day. When I feed them they act like they haven't eaten in weeks. I don't want to overfeed my tank or starve my clowns. What should I do?. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

do you split the cube over your two feedings or are you feeding the clown a total of a half a cube a day? I would say once a day is not bad at all and i wouldnt feed more than a quarter cube. they should be just fine with that. all fish freak out for food if they are healthy and in good shape. no matter what. but what your feeding cant do too much harm if none is going to waste. thats when you get problems. I definitely wouldnt worry about feeding more assuming they are your average clown size and not some massive clowns.

+1 Alexander.
I would definitely cut back on that. Maybe a quarter of a cube a day total.

I got the same. Two clowns and CUC. I have those cubes. Give them a quarter a day. Then sometimes when they are hardcore fighting I sprinkle some freezed dried mysis shrimp in. Mine are allready getting bigger so they are ok.

Thank you to everyone. I figured 1/2 cube a day was to much. Don't want the problems that come with overfeeding! They're just so cute and loveable. They look back at me when I'm watching them and come to the turkey baster when I'm feeding them. Thanks also for the confirmation that they are healthy, happy fish.

+1 Alexander Keep in mind what goes in, must come out! They will eat and eat and poop and poop. If they're not losing weight, they're not starving to death. Watch your nitrates!

My blenny things she is STARVING all the time even minutes after dinner. I have a blenny and a goby and I feed 1/4th of a cube one time a day. What I have learned about the frozen food is that it also puts in a lot of gunk other than just the meats so I have started thawing mine in a cup and draining it in a strainer first.

I did pick up some Marine S from petsmart its tiny pellets that I keep on my desk. I will pop ONLY one or two pellets in for the blenny in the morning before work or maybe right before I go to bed just cause she is so cute when begging. But I never put in more that she gobbles up in a few seconds.

Back