please help me with my fistank? :D

Jroxsox101

Reefing newb
0823001736 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

i found the tank and the stand in the trash. I have worked with freshwater for more than 4 years. I did the simplest saltwater tank possible.
40 pounds sand
about 22 pounds live rock
200 marineland HOB bio-filter
200 watt heater
1200 maxi-jet powerhead
as of yesterday, the levels are :
ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
nitrate: 20
pH: 8.3
specific gravity: 1.025

right now, i have a green chromis and a turbo snail.
the problem is, I HAVE NO IDEA WAS SIZE TANK IT IS :mad!!:

i think its bigger than 29 gallons, but i'm not sure. here are the dimensions:
length: 24 inches (not the bow)
height: 21 inches
width: 10.5 inches (on the sides)

i also need help stocking it, i want two ocellaris clowns, and i'll probably keep the chromis. I don't know what else i want though.

so, please help me? :D thank you vvvvvvvvvvverrrryyyyyy much :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Last edited:
It looks like a 29g biocube to me. BTW that's a great looking tank you've put together on a shoestring budget.

As far as stocking it, you can put a few small fish in there but mostly I think the best advice is plan on decorating it properly with more corals than fish. Saltwater fish need approx. 10g per fish. So you've got room for a few fish, but you can really turn it into a great looking tank with the corals.

Go here, click marine fish and check them out. It will give you the size requirements for each fish.

http://liveaquaria.com/

hmm. 29? i compared it to my 29 . this one is much taller than it, but the width is about and inch difference. its weird. the dimensions dont really fit anything.

Now that I actually looked at a 29g biocube it doesn't look like it. Somebody will do the math for you and tell you what size it is

Back