Pls. Identify

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I couldn't get a front shot of it. It's pink with tentacles. I have a couple of them. They're small. Pretty though. They came with the rock. They do retract at night or when disturbed, like a featherduster.

identify_pink.jpg

So they start off looking like they have tentacles? All the baby shrooms I've seen are just miniature fragged versions of the larger shrooms.

Are they hard to care for? I only have regular 15w (or something equally low) flourescent on this 10g. I won't be upgrading lighting for a while. They came with the rock and shrooms. I didn't even see them until a month ago. And the only reason I got the shrooms with the rock was because the fish and pistol shrimp I wanted would not leave the rock, even after we took it out of the water. So they gave me the rock and all its inhabitants.

I put the rock they're on at the highest part of the tank. Hopefully they'll be fine for a few months.

I dont know how hard they are to care for.But I'm sure they would love some frozen mysis from time to time.

Im gonna take a more common to find guess as to what that is. It looks like a young majano anemone. They are atractive but they spread quickly and will smother out everything in your tank if they are left alone. I could be wrong because the picture is hard to see it. But keep an eye on it. if it starts to spread quickly you need to remove it quickly. Post some more pics if you can.
here is a pic of a majano

http://bp3.blogger.com/_VcKIg4-10II/RyJ31h3Z-FI/AAAAAAAAAJY/Q8bd3JEDsOs/s1600-h/Majano_Anemone.jpg

I checked out some pics of some majano anemones...I saw some pinkish ones, but none of them seem to resemble mine...mine have white tips...They're at a weird angle in my tank, so I couldn't get a direct shot.

This is what mine resembles:
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/Cnidarians/Anthozoans/AnemonePIX/Stichodactyla/StrawberryAnemone.jpeg

I've actually taken to pushing mysis into their tentacles. It's SO cool. My daughter loves it. Considering I have no type of anemones or anything (at least, not on purpose...the mushrooms and strawberry anemones were hitchhikers) I'm having fun with these. Hopefully, they'll last long enough until I get my larger set up done.

But I will definitely keep an eye on it, *just in case*

It doesn't look like it. It seems to be flush on the rock. The only thing that stands away from the rock are its tentacles.

If it is a strawberry anemone, it's unlikely that it will become a pest. Usually the strawberry anemones that hitch hike in don't live long. They sure are pretty though, good luck with it.

Back