Plumbing

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
Now that I have a huge headache from reading all about plumbing and still haven't found what I'm looking for I would like to know what you guys use to attach your bulkhead to the pvc. Do you just put the Pvc inside the bulkhead or do you buy a seperate threaded piece? Does anyone knows of any good web site with pics of plumbing? I'm trying to get all the stuff I'll need by this weekend.

i just put the durso in the bulkhead on the top side and on the bottom i use tubbing with hose clamps. i want to change to pvc but just havent done it yet. are you dumping alll the water into one spot in the sump?

i just put the durso in the bulkhead on the top side and on the bottom i use tubbing with hose clamps. i want to change to pvc but just havent done it yet. are you dumping alll the water into one spot in the sump?

Yes all my water is dumping into one section of my sump. But with two pipes. I'm going to use pvc because I like the way it looks. Here is the problem I can't find a piece that will screw onto the bottom (threaded part underneath tank) piece. The pvc pieces are threaded differently.

Piggy there isnt anything that will thread onto the outside of the bulkhead. If the inside is threaded us a threaded male adaptor or if its smooth glue it.

Finally got the plumbing done again. I couldn't do it the way I wanted because of space. But I'm happy with the way it turned out. Also will help when I need to run chemi pure. The only thing that went wrong is hubby spilled the purple stuff. I asked him if it was going through the newspaper it was sitting on and when he looked he knocked over the can and it went everywhere. Got a nice purple spot on the carpet. Going to try and cut it out and replace it with a remelt piece. Anything will look better then a purple spot in the middle of the floor.

Back