Pod Explosion!!!!

well it seems like they are hard to spot, though I think I got off on the wrong foot with them because I was told they could be a problem right when I started my tank and got worried.

They are easy to spot at night. I have a ton in my tank, and I leave them in there, they do a good job. The pink and brown ones are fine, it's the red and gray ones you need to worry about.

i were told the same thing redline. but, i has turned out to be the least true of many things untrue things that i have been told in this hobby. i have quite a few of them in my tank. i have probaly had less trouble out of them than anything i've had. the guy at my old lfs swears that they kill the fish when there asleep! even being a newbie i found that hard to believe. like a fish is going to set still and let a little worm knaw it to death. i'm like, wouldn't the fish just swim away if something trying to eat it? and he said oh no, they are fish killers. then he swears he's never had any in his tanks! yeah right. the first piece of live rock i bought came from his display tank. got it home and pulled it out of the box and three bristleworms were laying in the bottom. but anyway, what i started to say three paragraphs ago is that good advice is hard to find....except in here!

yeah I just relaxed after a while. figured my hermits were more of a problem than them. thought if it got bad I would probably know and worry about them then

its funny how things like the bristle worm crawling around at night is fun for us to watch. Reason being most of us had no idea exactly what all we were getting into when we started this hobby. we thought oh cool some fish and coral. now i find myself sitting in front of my tank on occasion when the lights flick on in the morning to see how many pods i can see scurrying around on the sand. little things like that that i didnt even know came along with the hobby are so fun.

If she cant mash a spider,I doubt she'd ever be able to handle killing a bristle worm,lol
I dream of the day I can pull an 8 inch worm outta my tank.Maybe give him his OWN tank.

haha yeah for sure she probably tried to donate it to a LFS. has anyone made the mistake of trying to pull a large one out by hand yet?

I made the mistake of grabbing a 3 1/2 inch bristle.Thats wasnt too bad,about like fiberglass insulation at work.
Made a big mistake Saturday.I caught my lionfish to take him to the LFS to trade.Well,he decided he'd go airborne.I didnt think when he hit the floor,and like something stupid,reached down and picked him up.Now that was bad.

completely straying from fish, but going with hornets nest. I remember when I was a kid and threw a rock at a hornets nest and got stung in the head hahah good times

Back