Pod Implosion!

choppermech1977

Reefing newb
:frustrat:have a 5 gallon breeding tank for pods..and ive come to this conclusion..dont overfeed your pods or youll end up like me and waste about two weeks and $60 worth of pods...guess thats part of being new to the game lol...back to square one! if anyone has any suggestions or tips puh-lease let me know...my mandarin told me he's hungry! haha

i used crushed coral/rock, and live sand for base..someone told me that i didnt need any live rock in there for them since the pods are the only thing in the tank...ive been feeding them phytofeast...im gonna try again..

got new water cycled, about 2 inches of crushed coral and sand, and 2 nice pieces of live rock..once i put my pods in the tank what should i feed them and how often? i have some phyto feast...is that sufficient food for them?

Do you have light for your pod tank? Light is essential, you don't need much just a regular old light bulb will do (watch the heat they put off though) You dont even have to run them that long 6-8 hours will do.
BTW I like the title of your thread.... smart ass...lol!

i would think once a week would be plenty. maybe a little zooplankton and phyto. if you throw a little micro algae in there they should really take off. like a wad of chaeto or calurpa. you will just need a little light for the algae to grow.

Back