POLL:How often do you spill h2o?

How often do you spill water on the floor?

• every time I get near my tank

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • once a week

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • once a month

• once a year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a ninja and I never spill anything!

• Total voters
That's hard question since I do "spill H2O everytime I get near my tank", but I am a ninja too; is it possible to be a spilling ninja? :12: :squint: :mrgreen:

Point #2...some mod is going to have to block me from this thread, otherwise I'm going to be posting
thumbnail.aspx
all over the place :lol:

I bought a samurai sword once :lol:

yea, just too bad that it was plastic, dull, and your parents sill took it away from you (last week) for fear that you would hurt yourself! :mrgreen:

and now for something completely different:

I spill something every time, or drip, or something, cause IF(and i really try not to unless i just really have to) but if i have to put my hands in the tank, i keep some towels handy, but i still drip on the floor, down the front of the tank, and onto the stand, but now that i have a good stand, i dont mind so much, that old particle board thing just scared the hell outta me.

or i knock the tubing off a pump, and it sprays all over me, the back of the tank, the floor, the stand, and everything else in the room, TED saw this one happen,

or i just have a spaz attack, like when i'm scraping the insides of the glas, and i just fling water across the room with the scraper stick, for no reason other than just to conferm the pull of gravity, or so it would seem.

I thought spilling was par for the course? :shock:

I spill every day, but it's mostly RO/DI water when I top off. My 1/2g pitcher that I use has a really stupid lip on the edge and even though it's made and formed to pour liquids -- it drizzles down the side instead. I'm too lazy and too cheap to go buy a new one. Pour FAST or it drizzles down the side. Hard to pour fast AND accurate. :grumble:

I don't usually spill or drip salt water. I use a 3g plastic pail when I do water changes. The gravel vac is just there to suck the water out. Dump the pail into the sink. Now take the hose out of the new saltwater bucket and put it in the tank. Turn on the pump and fill er up. Not too much spilling.

I should rig a hose and pump in my RO/DI bucket so I can top off with a pump and a hose......... :idea: would be less spillage on a day to day basis and it would sure be a lot easier on my back.

As much as I love this hobby, I'm terrified of my tank and I already have a fear of 'dark' water.

Whenever I'm in the tank I turn the lights and power strip off for worry that I'm going to get electrocuted but I'm always worried that some crab or fish is going to attack me... Or perhaps some unknown hidden venemous eel will bite - so when I'm in the tank and something unexpected brushes against my hand I scream and yank my hand out - normally accompanied by a good cup of saltwater.

Omega: sounds like your fear of a little shock is gonna end up causing you to hurt yourself and or break something... be careful!

i did just try somethng new a couple days ago for my water change, and it really worked out well, for how i have my stuff plumbed right now, (soon to change)

i just stopped the return pump, let the sump fill up, and when all the water stopped moving in the sump, i pulled the hose out from the overflow, dropped it into my "dirty" trashcan, took an extra rio2100 i had laying around, put some hose on it, dropped it into the "clean" or mixing trashcan, put the other end of the hose in the DT and turned on the pump, and just let it run till the the clean can was empty. then just put it all back, and turn on the return pump... i spilled maybe 3 drops total for a 25 gallon water change.

my plan in the future(hopefully this weekend) is to replumb the entire tank, and in doing that, i hope to integrate water changing taps, like hose connection points with a valve, so that all i have to do is move a couple valves, drop a hose in each can, and flip a switch, bada bing bada boom, water change is through!

my plan in the future(hopefully this weekend) is to replumb the entire tank, and in doing that, i hope to integrate water changing taps, like hose connection points with a valve, so that all i have to do is move a couple valves, drop a hose in each can, and flip a switch, bada bing bada boom, water change is through!

could you do me a huge favor, and post detailed instructions (pics would be helpful)? I am no good at designing plumbing, but that's a great idea and I'd love to integrate it into my big tank that I'm working on designing...

I've often thought of doing something like that down the line, but I think eventually I would also want to run a line for R/O water with a valved Y adapter that would then lead into to containers, one for the auto-top off and one to mix salt into for water changes; that one would also be equiped with a water pump and hose for water changes, but that's like part of my dream set-up that's more than years from now. :lol:

I've often thought of doing something like that down the line, but I think eventually I would also want to run a line for R/O water with a valved Y adapter that would then lead into to containers, one for the auto-top off and one to mix salt into for water changes; that one would also be equiped with a water pump and hose for water changes, but that's like part of my dream set-up that's more than years from now. :lol:

plus where is all the fun in THAT?

Back