Polyclad flatworm

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
So while topping off my sump last night I spotted what looked like a nudibranch in my DT. after searching the interwebs I ID'd it as a polyclad flatworm. Fortunately it seems as though they don't prey on corals, which seems correct because my tank is thriving coral wise. Although they are predators of inverts and clams, which would explain my hermit/snail shell graveyard. Anyone have an ingenious trap I could make to extricate my new guest?? I'd rather not mess with "Flatworm Exit". It's about 2.5" long and 1" wide. I wasn't sure if I could grab it by hand so I tried sucking it up with a turkey baster. Alas I was too late in my attempt because it had mostly slithered into the rocks. Any advice is appreciated.

Ya, that's when I spotted it last night, during lights out. I think I'll just keep a neoprene glove close by so that the next time I spot it I'll just grab it by hand. It's a shame that it's a predator and not a scavenger. It's pretty cool looking. I know people have species tanks but I don't have the time for another tank.

IMO, if you have one, you probably have more. Some flat worm species can multiply asexually. I would dose with flatworm exit. That way you know you get any that might still be in the tank. It really isnt that hard to dose.

That's my biggest fear right now, eggs. Also, I really don't like dosing anything in my tank, only 29g's. I'm really close to starting up my 90 that I've been building. So if I can't get this thing out sometime soon and I if it DID lay eggs I'll dose the 90 for sure. Another question: could this be the culprit of my make clownfish murder? I lost one of my clownfish about a month ago. This is the only thing I've seen that would make me suspect foul play. I do have a serpent starfish but I keep him fed.

Back