Polyps and toak stool won't open

pondguy427

Reefing newb
I have a 28 gal Nano with LED lighting. My polyps won't open. They're in the lower part of my tank. Any idea why they won't open. Same problem with a new Toad Stool. It's as smooth as a baby's ___. The hairy fibers won't come out. I moved it to a higher location in my tank today.

how long have you had the zoas and toadstool?
Sometimes toadstools shed and will stay closed for a few days, and if the zoas are a new addition they maybe just adjusting to your lighting.

I've had the Zoas in this tank for about 3 months, and the toad stool for about 1 month. My water parameters are great. Just a little low on calcium and PH but I'm working on that regularly. I do regular 20% water changes weekly. Also my rose anenome doesn't open very widely and my clown fish likes to snuggle up into it, but can't anymore.
My previous tank was a 14 gan Biocube with CF lighting and everything was fine, but I certainly don't want to go back to a smaller tank with that lighting.

Have you checked your phosphates? Are you using RODI water and not tap water?

+1 dacan. Your calcium levels won't effect the Leather and zoas.

The zoas may have just closed in a spwan process as well. Mine do that from time to time. My Black Hornets just did that and sprouted a few babies when they opened back up.

Back