porcupine puffer

porcupinepoofter

Reefing newb
need advise on what to feed my porcupine puffer. I've had him for about a month, obviously he's eating something or he wouldn't be alive. but I never see him eat. been feeding him squid, marine cuisine. and omnivore cuisine. I've only seen him go for it once. The lion fish eats silversides and krill. should i be worried or is everything ok?,

I feed him when the lights are out and only the moonlights are on. seems like that's when he's out most of the time. through the day he hides in caves in the rocks. he's only about 3". I know the lion loves live food most but was afraid that if i got the puffer and lion on live food they wouldn't eat anything else and was afraid they wouldn't be getting the nutrition they needed.

hi there i have a pocupine puffer and when i first had him he wasnt a keen eater always hid in the corners in the day, but they are nocturnal fish you have to try and encourage them to come out with the others to eat, i found that he loved whole cockle and prawn, once you get yours eating you will fine hes always waiting for food every time you come to the glass, mines abouts 4 1/2 inches now and eats very well.

Back