porpagating a toad stool, ZOAS & Mushrooms???

imdaring

love my reef
How do I propagate a toad stool? the one that I have is HUGE!!! the crown is at least 6-8" across how do I propagate it??

I also have some Red zoas that are growing on my rock that have spread down by ny bubble tip anomone how do I propagate them I can't get them off the rock? do I use a blade and cut then as close to the rock as possible or what ?

and last but not least mushrooms how do I go about that? just cut a few pieces off and put it on a rock with mesh and rubber bands / string? I have a mushroom that has grown ont to my glass and now has a couple of little babys next to it do I take a razor blade to try and get it off the glass? :question:

oooooook. first off that text is just annoying :p

Toadstool... (these actually get a lot bigger then 8-9" believe it or not!) Just cout out a round section of the head. About the size of a quarter. And throw it on a plug! Easy huh? Toadstool can take a lot of damage, a god starter frag.

zoos- try and actually cut some of the rock off (a thin layer) and throw it on a plug. MAKE SURE YOU WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION! they will mess your shit up.

Mushrooms- can take a lot of damage as well. Just cut it into fourths through the center. Mount each piece on a plug. Thats it :)

Try youtube... theres actually a lot of how to frag vids on there.

To frag a toadstool, most people cut a ring off along the outer edge of it. Then cut the ring into pieces.

Zoas are hard to frag unless you can keep them intact by keeping them on a thin piece of the rock.

Mushrooms are also easy. Slice them up with a blade, making sure you get a portion of the mouth for each frag. If you do not get a piece of the mouth, the piece won't grow into a mushroom.

Back