portable ro/di units

Dakwan

Reefing newb
KMD eCommerce Crop.

was looking at this and it just seems... crappier... than the plumbed ones. I rent a house so while i couldn't plumb a system would probably prefer not to

anyone had any experience with the portable hook up to the tap ones?

I got the cheapest one they make which cost me $62 shipped. 3+ months later and I couldn't be happier. Easy to hook up, no leaks, makes 5 gallons in roughly 2 hours. I even bought a TDS meter, tested it several times and always get 0PPM and I live near downtown Houston so my tap water is pretty bad.

It may look crappy, but it still has all the stages that a traditional RODI unit will have... Dunno, for that price I'd give it a shot.

I also got my RODI unit from that company about 5 years ago, and mine is still going strong. They aren't the fanciest or best-made, and they don't have the best customer service but no one beats their prices and their quality is decent.

I use a 150gpd/zero TDS unit plumbed under the sink.I never used that one but it does come with replacement filters and has enough stages plus the sink attachment for $79.Nothing is stopping you from getting a traditional unit and buying the sink attachment separately.

Don't forget to get a TDS meter.

Man i'm trying to order from their site and wow does it blow...

Won't let me ship to Canada but says right on the page they ship to canada

Back