POTM February - Corals

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a maxi mini a coral or a nem? Maybe I'm confused lol. Either way, awesome pic!

Anemones are corals. They fall under the same category as zoas. This is copied from Wiki....

Hermatypic corals
Further information: Scleractinia, Millepora, Tubipora, and Heliopora
Hermatypic corals in the subclass Scleractinia are stony corals that build reefs. They mostly obtain at least part of their energy requirements from zooxanthellae, symbiotic photosynthetic microalgae. They secrete calcium carbonate to form a hard skeleton. Those having six or fewer lines of symmetry in their body structure are called hexacorallia or Zoantharia. This group includes reef-building corals (scleractinians), sea anemones and zoanthids. Hermatypic genera include Scleractinia, Millepora, Tubipora and Heliopora.[5]

FROGSPAWN.jpg

I actually moaned. Like... out loud.
Because DAMN.

LMAO:D Its amazing the punishment this chalice takes and just keeps growing. Serioulsy any lil touch makes these things retract like crazy.:frustrat: So the constant banging from snail shells going after algae under the chalice and hermits makes me wish they werent in there. When it comes to feeding, FML. My fire shrimp stomps a mud hole in this chalice everytime. :frustrat:

But its my fav piece ATM.:Cheers:

Love your gorg Hannah! Thats a fine sun coral you have there fishsticks, and appriciate the compliment on taking the gloves off. ;) Anytime Brian or Dennis dont enter i believe we all have a shot. HA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back