powder blue tang advice

newbeemike

Reefing newb
I really love the look of the powder blue tang. I have spent mega money on 3 different PB tangs and have had no luck. Non of them lasted very long and non of them ate. One continually circled the tank till it died. I was told by someone that this is a difficult fish to keep. any advice on how to buy one.( I know my best advice is not to buy one).

If you are set on getting one, make sure you get a large adult. Juvenile tangs are especially sensitive and difficult to keep alive. Getting them as an adult gives you a larger chance of success, even though they cost much more.

YES ANYTHING THAT HAS THE WORD POWDER IN FRONT OF IT WILL BE A HIGH RISK oops sry for caps

get the longest tank you can afford and have pristine water quality atleast until he "sets" in also all tangs are highly sencitive and prone to ick well powers are no exeption

hope it works out and keep us posted on if and when u buy it

Yeah i agree with all, too small of a tank although that is one of my favorite fish and back in 1995 i killed a few trying to keep one in a 55 till i learned and they were 70.00 back then dont know what they are now cause i dont look cause i too have a tank to small.

Back