Power heads

hoopsdaddy

This is my reef club....
What power heads should I get for my 165 I am setting up? Return is pushing around 600-700gph.
I like the design of the Koralia. If I get this product how many should I get and what size?

Thanks

I won't buy anything but the Koralia power heads. They have a great design and are fairly reasonably priced. However, do you have the option of drilling the tank instead? You would keep more room in the tank for fish and coral. Just a thought.

As far as "AFORDABLE" power heads go,Yeah I love my Koralias.
You can get Tunze,But they cost nearly double and are a lot bigger.

if you want to move alot of water cheaper and less power i have 2 of maxi jet pumps with sure flo kits, better than korali since my korali get algae build up on vents. plus been reading alot more about people get stray voltage shocks in there tanks from korali pumps but i have a no.2 and no.4 with no problems but maxi jet 900's with sure flo kits are awesome, on a maxi jet 1200 there freakin strong.

dfrench, Like the idea of going with the maxi jet's with the kits, but I hate suction cups in aquaria. How do yours do?
Would go with the 1200's in my tank.

i tried 2 of maxi jets 1200 with sure flo kits in my 125 gallon and was to much flow for my softies(leathers, polyps, shrooms) but would be great for a sps tank. if its a 6 foot tank try 2 but i would almost try 2 sure flo kits on the 900's. i have 2 return lines from a mag18 and a maxijet 1200 with sureflo kit and another maxi jet 1200 alone for surface water movement and everything is happy had do sell other sure flo kit cause with 2 my anenomes were not happy with that much flow one blew off rocks even.

Nice,
Just used RC's tank calc and it says (using inside dimensions) my tank is a little over 170. Just added 5 gallons to help combat all the mistakes I make. ha.
The tank is a 5ft tank. Do you think the 900's will be better thank the 1200's for that tank and how many do I need if I go with the maxi's instead of the K-4's?
Thanks

HMM,4 of those magnium 8s would make some decent flow in 125.
But they are as expensive as the Tunze.

DAMB yote i think 4 of those 8s would be perfect but for a swimming pool lol

my LFS has one of those 5s in his 110 and that thing sure can stirr it up

ITs a good amount but I want SPS and plus its hard to position 3 in the right spots so im going to get 1 more to get good positions in the tank.

Back