Power Outage

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
My power went yesterday for about 5 hours which isn't that bad but it was so hot and the temp starting rising.

I ran a small fan and two air pumps off a 110 watt auto inverter the whole time and the temp stabilized. Water pumps will not run off auto-inverters because the power is not close enough to sine wave.

Hey Sen5241b that was a really wild storm we had there wasnt it? Man all i know was i was driving up RT 50 and BAM the sky was black and then BAM came hell out of the sky.......lol......but glad to hear that the tank is ok.

Yeah the storms I heard were strong. I was driving back from NJ late last night, did not get to the area until 1am, so I missed the storms, but my mom's area power was out. She spent the night at my brother's. Up in NJ before we left, there were strong winds and lots of rain, but it stopped after a couple of hours. Good thing we didn't drive in it!

we had a big storm here last week and we had our power out for 5 to 6 hours,it also flooded real bad and one of my tanks got washed away along with some pumps and my skimmer

Thats why I own a generator.:D I can run my entire tank including the lights off of it.Just gotta be home to start it up and plug in the cords.

At my house the wife said it just flickered. I of course was at work. Did not even notice any power outage, we have back up gens that we would not even know that it was out. There are still a lot of people in DC with out power. They seriously need to modernize the power grid in DC. I am glad I live in Maryland.

Back