power outages

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
Woke up an hour ago after a long night drinking to a serious thunderstorm in my area... Got me thinking about power outages. What are you all's back up plans? Uninterupted power supply? Gas generator? I figure all I need to run is the heater and the power head. I don't have a sump or anything...

I guess this is just another aspect ya gotta think about with this hobby

God It's late I'm goin back to sleep

we lose power often during the winter,, decided a generator was a good idea..
hooked most of the house into it.. from well, to central A.C,. to boiler to fridge, lighting,microwave, phone, t.v,fish tanks, computers. a little expensive upfront but we basically dont notice when the power goes out now except the 15 second delay when it powers up..

I've thought about this as well, haven't really lost power yet since having the tank, but I definitely need to think about a generator

My plan is a little power inverter that I plug into my car, and from the inverter run an extension cord to run a powerhead and heater if needed. We very rarely lose power for more than a few minutes. Additionally, my neighbors are on a different area grid - so I could leach of of them if absolutely needed.

Back