Power strips

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
What kind of power strip are you using? I have been hearing too many horror stories about fires caused by poor quality power strips.

Better yet, post some pics of your "power" center.

All I'm using is those Belkin computer strips.One of these days soon,I'm going to get a controller and do it right.

P8201126.jpg

Coralife dual time setup....

P1000105.jpg

Lots of peeps dont like em, but I got no probs with em. The lights come on when they supposed to, shut off when they supposed to.. Works for me

Like $20 or something..

Last edited:
As of right now I have two powerstrips. I was thinking of posting a thread like this to see what others use. I have one Coralife and one other strip not sure of the name. Trying to figure out where to put them. Right know they're behind the tank leaning against the wall. I had one inside the cabinet but I was afraid it would short out with all the moisture.

I will be putting mine on the far left inside, near the top of the cabinet. As far away from the sump as possibe(bout 2' away or so) Dont think moisture will be that much of an issue. Plus I have a ton of ventilation under and behind the cabinet. Should breathe pretty good..

There are two more Belkin strips on the back of the cabinet with the timers.I couldn't get a pic of those.That strip(pictured) has all the pumps so I can turn them off to feed the corals.I'm looking at those Neptune and Reefkeeper controllers so I can do away with the timers.They do a lot more than timers for the lights.Its a doser,wavemaker,timers for pumps,temp and a whole lot more.With everything I spent on timers and powerstrips I could of got this instead......Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper controllers

MikMcgyver:
I have that same Dual power center from Coralife.

I can't make it work right. How in the heck do you set this thing?

I plugged it in and turned it OFF. Turned the dials to the actual time. Then I flipped up a gray tab for the time I wanted it ON and another at the time I wanted it OFF.

I did this for the side that controls my Daylight 10K bulb.

Then I went to the other side and did the same thing for my refugium and actenic lights.

It's all jacked up. Is there a certain position for the center button? It can be middle, or actenic or daylight, but I can't figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.

As far as the first part, setting the time, on and off times seem right,the dial in the center of each wheel has to be in the middle.
P1000136.jpg

Make sure all the tabs in between the time you want it to turn on and off are flipped down.
P1000138.jpg

P1000137.jpg

Clockwise on the dial = lights on (no timer)
Middle on the dial = lights on timer
Counter clockwise on dial = lights off (no timer)

Hope you can see from the pics..

AH HA!! Thanks Mik!

I was just flipping one up to make them come on. It was shutting off 15 minutes later. I see from your pics that all of them must be flipped up.

Thanks

Can't believe it was that simple. I flipped them all up for the times I want the thing ON and all down for OFF. Works perfectly.
I was just making it too complicated. I do that sometimes.

Back