Powerhead Placement?

clowntank

Reefing newb
I have a 14g biocube, and I'm wondering where to put the powerhead to give the best water flow throughout the tank. All of the corals in it like to have 'medium' flow. My 'green tip' torch coral is in the back right, about two thirds up from the bottom. It seems to be getting to much flow.. so much so that he has been closing up :( And when it is open it is constantly blowing to the left.

Right now the power head is in the front top left corner...

Also, does it matter which way it is turned? I had it on it's side so you couldn't see the cord from the front view of the tank.

Thanks.

Thats something you'll just have to play around with.Try to place it so the flow can get to as many dead spots as possible.
Just find a spot and let it run for a day or 2.Then you and your corals aint happy with it,try another spot.

Keep it at the top, so it's making a ripple on the surface of the water. In a small tank like that, you may end up having to move the corals around, not the powerhead, since you are limited in space.

+1 to Biff...

I've got one making ripples, and one is pointing midway towards the back of the tank, and the other is pointing midway towards the front. I'm still adjusting it, trying to get the flow just right.

Back