Prazipro usage

chichimom79

reef junkie
Alright everyone, I need as much input and advice as you will give me. Some of you know I have been worried about my Midas Blenny, Sasha. She is skinny and scratching on the rocks. I have been feeding her twice daily with Rod's Food for a few weeks. I found some Prazipro today to treat for IP, but also noticed it kills flatworms (Duh- don't know why I didn't put that together). I have what seems to be harmless flatworms in both tanks. I have no idea what they are eating. Algae? Pods? Point is... I now have to worry about the FW die off when I am trying to treat my fish. Bottle says to do a WC before treatment, dose the tank and turn off skimming and carbon for a week. Should I modify this because of the FW toxins? I figure I will be prepared with enough water to do a WC in case of signs of stress, but won't this render the treatment less effective for the IP of the fish?
How would you handle the situation if it was your tank? I am so attached to this fish, it's ridiculous. I will do anything to save her. Thanks all.

Is there any chance you could move her to a spare 10g tank to treat her so that you don't have to worry about the FWs?

I was wondering how she was doing... glad to hear she is still with you, but sorry to hear she hasn't improved. I think treating her with prazipro is a good step.

A second thought.... or question really..... can IPs be spread between fish? If so, then you'll want to treat everyone, including your clowns since they will eventually go into your 60g. Is Sasha still the only fish in your cube?

I think they have a few dewormers that can be fed to your fish, and I would treat all of them for the worms. The clown surely have them, they are just dealing with them better

There is also a wrasse in the cube. The clowns are in the ten, but I was thinking of treating that tank too. What do you think of the Prazipro, little fish?

Good stuff, treat everyone. And you might consider doing this a few times. So once a month for a few months like you would do with a dog or cat. Did you find the food stuff?

Yo! I totally missed this earlier.

I treated my tank with Prazi Pro after I had a Leopard Wrasse literally explode while being eaten by my eel. (Don't ask).

Feather dusters and such pulled through fine... I don't know about your little wormies, though.

Back