Pre mixing coral slurry and keeping it, unfunkdefied./

No, its because mysid shrimp are really hard to culture because the adults will eat the babies so you have to separate them and they dont lay a ton of eggs.

Unless you enrich brine shrimp they dont have much nutrition to them, kinda like fish candy, and they can also lead to the same nitrate and phosphate issues.

There a difference between mysid and mysis? I just bought some more vitmain enriched Mysis today. Should i be going mysid? That is if theres a difference.

Figured as much. Just fed my clowns some mysis and they spit it out again..little buggers. It may be too big like you were saying Hannah. My blender doesnt really seem to bust it up anymore since they are so small. Is there an easy way to bust them up more? Could have sworn the last time i fed them this they had no troubles eating it though.

No, its because mysid shrimp are really hard to culture because the adults will eat the babies so you have to separate them and they dont lay a ton of eggs.

Unless you enrich brine shrimp they dont have much nutrition to them, kinda like fish candy, and they can also lead to the same nitrate and phosphate issues.

Thanks for this info! I knew brine didn't offer much nutrition so really didn't want to culture them. Then saw live mysid on LA last week, but hadn't heard people talk about culturing which I thought was odd since they are more nutritious than brine. Now I understand why!

Back