Prepare for Questions :)

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
Ok so I might not upgrade to a bigger tank, maybe I'll set up a smaller one, but most likely I'll just stock this one heavily so I have a bunch of questions.

My tank w/ a 150 DE halide
Solana - Aquarium System | Current What's Next

Coral Suggestions? I have the main pump that comes with the tank and a Koralia 2 so pretty good flow

My creatures

2 Clarkii clowns
1 sixline wrasse
1 green reef chromis
1 emerald crab
1 clam
some hermits
some snails including nassarius
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 Brittle starfish
1 peppermint shrimp

is that all I can add for fish? If not what would you recommend?

Shrimp- I have a Peppermint and a Skunk Cleaner, would a Blood Shrimp do well with these two? I love the color of them, also if and more shrimps would benefit. So whatever I can add, I'd like to get.

any other inverts to add?

alright and I want to add a fuge or just some chaeto to help with the bio-load so that I can have less algae and possible more livestock.

Here's how one person did it, they just removed the sponge filter and put it on top of the carbon as that is a huge compartment.

SOLANA 34 gallon - Nano-Reef.com Forums
Good idea?

How could I light it and not have anything real visible or ugly looking?

lastly I want to also make the tank be less work by adding my own ATO instead of the small bottles that only last a day with the winter dryness, I still only go through a gallon a week or so though so If I was to add a couple gallon container underneath I would have more freedom and I could take the glass top off also.

How do I do this, should I buy a controller or is there a cheaper and just as easy way. If a controller what one.

Should I be feeding my fish once a day? Or less?

also I have been offered a Coralife Skimmer for a 125 tank that I will be purchasing shortly, anyway to add that, or do you think the stock one is good enough?

You sure like asking a lot of question.Thats okay,I can tell you really enjoy this hobby.

A blood shrimp will be fine with your other shrimps.So would a group of sexy shrimps.

A refugium of any kind is better than none at all.Go with what that person did for lighting at that Nano forum.

The Coralife is way to big to fit on your tank.Don't you think?I wouldn't even know where you could fit it in.I would just go with what you have.

Biff's toilet bowl plunger float is probably to big to fit.They sell kits with the wires and floats online to make your own ATO or you could get a complete controller/float ATO.

Here is the DIY kit......Top-it-Off Kit Premium - DIY kit: Premium Aquatics

Here is the complete controller(you will still need a pump and tubing-add $15)
Reef Fanatic Level Controller w/2 Float Switches: Premium Aquatics

I built my own ATO out of $15 in parts, but it's a gravity fed ATO, meaning you will not be able to keep the water reservoir under the tank, it has to be higher than the sump. Like Freak said, I used a cheap plastic toilet float, and it works really well. But I keep my reservoirs (12 gallons total) raised up above the sump, next to the tank.

There's no room for something to be gravity fed so I'll have to have it it the cabinet the chromis has been fine for over a month so Idk, are there any fish that wouldn't produce much waste?

I Didnt Mean To Say It Will Do Bad, I Just Meant That He Might Be Happier With One Or 2 More..... Sorry For Lack Of Discription On The Reply !!
Good Luck With Everything !!!

Back