Pretty cool site!

NatsFish

Reefing newb
Hey all tha fish luvas.

Joined because I have a few questions about my tank. I have a new addition to the tank... A very joyful Green Wolf Eel. He's my new buddy, but he loves to eat. Since he came, my dwarf lion refuses to eat anything. I've tried pretty much everything but hand feeding. Garlic is no help. Even to the water the ghost shrimp are in. It's been 2 weeks! Help!
Thanks, Nat

You

Must

Tell

Us

More

About

Your

Setup

Including but not limited too
Water tests (and no, dont just write they're 'normal', 'fine' or 'okay' - give us numbers)
Other inhabitants?
How long has lionfish been in tank, what was he eating before and how often?
give us a run down of the test of the system, size, filtration, etc

We need info to try and help you. With the info that we have, I'm going with the Sky is Blue as the cause of the problem....

You

Must

Tell

Us

More

About

Your

Setup

Water tests (and no, dont just write they're 'normal', 'fine' or 'okay' - give us numbers)
Other inhabitants?

We need info to try and help you. With the info that we have, I'm going with the Sky is Blue as the cause of the problem....

Feisty tonight? Hahahaha.

But seriously... we do need more information or we can't help you.

You

Must

Tell

Us

More

About

Your

Setup

Other inhabitants?

o0o0o you got a lolz out of me!

Welcome to the site, yes more info plz!

Hi Nat,

Welcome to the site. I saw a wolf eel at my LFS about a month ago and I know one thing if you put me in a tank with him I'd be too scared to eat too. Good luck I hope the Lionfish comes around. Hope you'll come back to the forum after that less than friendly (fiesty) welcome.

I regularly get my water tested and received at the LFS. My very great friend at the store, with all the questions he asked and all the info I gave didn't know another method so I figured I would ask y'all online. Thanks for the feedback even with the feistiness.
Funny thing about the Wolf eel is that he's not really an eel. More of a dotty back. So I would still put myself in the tank with him. Lol. Thanks again!
North star, you need some Xanax?! Jk.

Not Fiesty, just tired of people posting ZOMG my fish is going to die I need help

and then proceeding to tell us nothing other than what type of fish it is

Its like someone going to a doctor and saying 'I need prescription because I don't feel right'

That and the last couple weeks I've had at work just had me going crazy reading a thread like this one.

I apologize, I'll put the kid gloves on

Now to the OP, if you still want some suggestions on your issue, can you please tell us more about your setup? Please remember the more information you give us, the better we will be able to help you

I regularly get my water tested and received at the LFS. My very great friend at the store, with all the questions he asked and all the info I gave didn't know another method so I figured I would ask y'all online. Thanks for the feedback even with the feistiness.
Funny thing about the Wolf eel is that he's not really an eel. More of a dotty back. So I would still put myself in the tank with him. Lol. Thanks again!
North star, you need some Xanax?! Jk.

I kept a green wolf eel in my first SW tank AGES ago. He is by far the most ill-tempered thing I have ever had pet-wise. Anything he though he could fit in his mouth (which was EVERYTHING) he tried to eat. I eventually had to remove him.

Tank info aside (which would still be helpful), if I was your lion, I would be freaked the heck out.

Not Fiesty, just tired of people posting ZOMG my fish is going to die I need help

and then proceeding to tell us nothing other than what type of fish it is

Its like someone going to a doctor and saying 'I need prescription because I don't feel right'

That and the last couple weeks I've had at work just had me going crazy reading a thread like this one.

I apologize, I'll put the kid gloves on

Now to the OP, if you still want some suggestions on your issue, can you please tell us more about your setup? Please remember the more information you give us, the better we will be able to help you
:grumble:Eh, honestly I moved a little over a month ago and I don't think he took it too well... I've had him for about 4 months with not a problem. Im the bitch at the store as far as lions go to make them feed him first to make sure they are good eaters. I have a dogface, lawnmower blenny and my baby green wolf. (not particularly a baby.) No more lion as of last night. Appreciate your help regardless. Next time I will make sure to be more specific. But damn!

I kept a green wolf eel in my first SW tank AGES ago. He is by far the most ill-tempered thing I have ever had pet-wise. Anything he though he could fit in his mouth (which was EVERYTHING) he tried to eat. I eventually had to remove him.

Tank info aside (which would still be helpful), if I was your lion, I would be freaked the heck out.

The eel is def an eater! Your absolutely correct. He was stealing food out of my messy doggy faces mouth. Now doggy's getting smart and eating quickly and in wholes. And my blenny loves the scraps they make, especially the krill eyeballs.
Now with that said, does anyone know how to get a needy kitty cat off my back. Lol. My house temp is at 70 degrees, plenty of running space and carpet play towers. HELP! I'm so kidding!

Now with that said, does anyone know how to get a needy kitty cat off my back. Lol. My house temp is at 70 degrees, plenty of running space and carpet play towers. HELP! I'm so kidding!

Hahahahaha!! When you figure this out... let me know. :)

Back