Pretty majano

chiqui bb

Reefing newb
I feel like an idiot! I went to the Midwest Frag Fest yesterday. I was looking in the tanks and saw something that I thought was pretty. I asked the vendor what it was and he told me it was an anemone. "Great, bag it up for me" I said. It's in my tank now and like an idiot, I didn't bother to research it until just now. This is a picture of what it looks like.

majano.jpg

Should I remove it?

Are you sure it's a Majano? I would think that the people seling at frag fests would not bring in pests like like intentionally. It is really nice looking though.

Not sure. Maybe I should post this under identification. The picture I posted came from wetwebmedia where it was identified as majano.

Do you have a picture of yours? I had several that I called Christmas Anemones. Pretty green with red/pink tips. They stayed small but spread like crazy so I got rid of them.

Dcan: They look exactly like the pic posted above. Did they bother anything in your tank? How quickly did they spread? How did you get rid of them?

Mine were smaller and like a carpet. They were clustered together and spread to all areas of my tank that got light. I used Aiptasia-X to keep them under control and that was fairly easy compared to Aiptasia. Mine had shorter tentacles. Yours looks more like a colored Rock Anemone to me now that I look at it.

Back