Prizm

Hi all, thanks for the advice, just ordered my octopus 800, so hopefully it'll perform well....
Hate taking a loss on the old skimmer, but hey, mistakes happen...
Now if only the part for my RO unit comes in (adapter) so I can get rid of this nasty well water.......

Well, I'm totally new at this so I can't speak for longevity of the Prizm skimmer but so far I really love mine. At first I was bummed because if I turned it up enough to get good flow then the thing blew all kinds of bubbles into my system. I complained about it to my LFS guy (he didn't sell it to me) and he said to get a little air valve and put it on your air intake line. That way you can adjust the amount of air that enters the chamber. Now, I've got the water blasting in, the cup gets awfully full and no bubbles! I've only got a 26 gallon tank. Doesn't it say on the box it's only good for 40 gallons? I would listen to all the others over me though, I'm totally ignorant about this stuff. Good luck.

Catherine

Catherine, how dirty is your skimmate? Is it thick and really dark, or light and watery?

At first, it was light and watery. If you read the troubleshooting guide it tells you to keep the bubble line an inch below the o-ring at first. A couple of weeks ago, I moved the bubble line up closer to the o-ring and the stuff got muckier. Don't know if that's what it's supposed to do but with the airline valve my unit is quiet unless my water level is low, then I get the waterfall sound.

Catherine

Back