problem disease diagnosis

diver

Reefing newb
I'm new to this forum, I have a fairly new saltwater tank, have had freshwater for 25+years.
problem: got a 6 line wrasse Sun. 2-10. Next day noticed a few spots. looked like Ich. Quarantined him, treated with Mardel Coppersafe. Within 36 hrs., it looked like he was in a see-through, very loose, whitish "envelope". I began treating him Friday morn. with Maracyn, thinking it was some kind of body fungus. He has produced and shed about 5 of these in the last week. Last night I read about Clownfish disease, and it sounds like he has that...... anyway, I did a freshwater dip last night and then another Maracyn treatment this morning.
He doesn't seem real stressed out, no clamped fins no trouble swimming, though I haven't seen him eat

I don't what to do for this!

Can anyone help?

About the only advice I can,is to soak his food in some garlic.Its supposed to boost their immune system as well as entice them to eat.
Hope he pulls through.
Welcome to the reef BTW.

Some wrasses (including sixlines) will cover themselves in a mucous coccoon to sleep in at night. It kinda sounds like that... Like Yote said, the most important thing is to try and get him eating again.

So, Bifferwine, are you saying he may be fine, and I should consider quitting the medication? I know you can't know for sure(I think), I'm just asking for an opinion. I've never heard of a fish doing that! But I'm new to saltwater.

Thanks again!

diver

And thanks, Yote.

.....soak his food in garlic, eh? that would be another first for me with fish.

and maybe a little piece of bread soaked in wine:mrgreen: too?
I will try this tonight.
...you're not razzing me are you?

We'll usually let you get your post count up to 10 before we start razzin ya.:mrgreen:

I personally use Kents Garlic extract to soak fish food in.Garlic is supposed to boost their immune system.Plus fish love it.I even use it on my fishing lures.

I would continue the course of medication, and add garlic as Yote said. There are several brands of garlic extract made for fish food, I've used Seachem and Kent Marine.

Back