problem with established aquarium

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by bruce, Mar 13, 2006.

1. bruce

bruce

I purchased a 90 gl saltwater aquarium 1 month ago from a guy who had it for 2 years. I have kept an eye on the water conditions and everything is perfect. I even brought a sample to the local store and they told me that they wished everyones water looked that good. Since then I have had three fish die and my star polyp has not opened. I have had an ich problem with a couple of fish and have been medicating the aquarium. I don't know if this is the problem, but the store told me it would be fine for everything in the aquarium?

bruce, Mar 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bruce

graphixx

what are you medicating with. is it a copper based med??? and its not a good idea to medicate the whole tank. I wold take all the fish out of the tank and set a QT tank. if you have inverts copper is lethal to them!!! you may want to run some carbon and get all the meds out of the tank. but I would recommend setting up a QT tank.

graphixx, Mar 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. bruce

minireefer

I agree you should not medicate your main tank.What kind of water are you using for water changes? Also how are messureing the salinity?
    Salinity,tempature,and supliment changes can have a big afect on a reef environment.There is alot great articles here that can be of help to new reef keepers.I hope you will success in getting the tank back in order

minireefer, Mar 13, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question