problem with established aquarium

bruce

Reefing newb
I purchased a 90 gl saltwater aquarium 1 month ago from a guy who had it for 2 years. I have kept an eye on the water conditions and everything is perfect. I even brought a sample to the local store and they told me that they wished everyones water looked that good. Since then I have had three fish die and my star polyp has not opened. I have had an ich problem with a couple of fish and have been medicating the aquarium. I don't know if this is the problem, but the store told me it would be fine for everything in the aquarium?

what are you medicating with. is it a copper based med??? and its not a good idea to medicate the whole tank. I wold take all the fish out of the tank and set a QT tank. if you have inverts copper is lethal to them!!! you may want to run some carbon and get all the meds out of the tank. but I would recommend setting up a QT tank.

graphixx said:
what are you medicating with. is it a copper based med??? and its not a good idea to medicate the whole tank. I wold take all the fish out of the tank and set a QT tank. if you have inverts copper is lethal to them!!! you may want to run some carbon and get all the meds out of the tank. but I would recommend setting up a QT tank.
I agree you should not medicate your main tank.What kind of water are you using for water changes? Also how are messureing the salinity?
Salinity,tempature,and supliment changes can have a big afect on a reef environment.There is alot great articles here that can be of help to new reef keepers.I hope you will success in getting the tank back in order

Back