Problem with my new acan

salt newbie01

Reefing newb
Well I came home tonight and found the 3 polyp zoa frag I had for David had fallen on my new purple acan!! :pissedof: Well it looks like the zoa polyps were not stung but there was a part of the concrete frag disc that was close to the acan. There was a jelly like substance between the acan and the frag disc. when I took the frag disc off the acan the acan has a place on it that is brown. Will this hurt the acan or will it go away??? I hope this is just from the acan being irritated from the disc getting too close to it. What do you guys think???? That would be just my luck...finally get an acan frag and kill it in the first few days I have it :frustrat: :frustrat:

Wow cool you got me a frag?? AWESOME! Anyway, I think the acan will be fine. Those things are pretty tough to kill. Take a baster and blow off anything that looks like its accumulating on the acan. You should be good.

If not we all got a few acans.... ;)

Yeh I got you a small frag - when I was mounting the colony it broke off so I mounted it seperate. I mean I cut off a few polyps just for you buddy!! :Cheers:
I hope it will be ok - I think that dark purple color is very cool!! Only time will tell.

Bummer. That's what you get for doing something for David, I suppose?? As much as it hurts me to say this, I think....I think....ummm...David is right.

It will be fine, they are super tough and in reality would have eatten the zoos if they had landed on them. I had a large candy cane fall onto my large acan while I was at work several weeks ago, and when I got home the acan had opened up enough to swallow 5 heads of the candy cane whole, when I pulled the candy can off there was nothing but skeloten. If you feed it alot it will probly lose some of its color. just from my experience. When there fed alot they puff up more and it stretches the skin and makes the colors look dull. anyway it should be fine. If you notice a brown mucus around the damaged area blow it off, if it comes back you need to dip the coral. let us know

Well good news. I just talked with the wife and the brown spot on the acan is gone!! :bounce: It's nice to know they are so tough.

Hope everyone has a good fourth!!

Back