ProfiLux Controller On Its Way

NICE!

I absolutely love mine. Sure, some of the programming can get a little frustrating but that goes with ANY controller and overall GHL is one of the easiest to program. Especially the basic stuff. It even has auto water change programming built in so no need to buy a Genesis or other third party AWC system. These things are built like tanks, too. Absolutely kills any of the other popular controllers.

So which kit did you get?

I have the 3ex main unit, 3 probes (cond, ph, temp), one optical and one mechanical level sensors, the vortech control module, 2 PAB PowerBars, the 3-pump doser, and the Touch Remote Display (check out my build thread for my recent Touch custom install). I have a redox probe on order. And eventually I want to get one or two of the flow sensors as well as at least one leak detector.

GHL ProfiLux 3.1NeX Ultimate pack -
P3.1NeX, 1 x PAB Power Bar, 1 x GHL
Temp probe 1 x Generic pH probe, Redox
probe, Salinity probe, cali kit, GHL Touch
Panel

Once set up, I plan future wireless vortech control, flow meters, and all the other cool stuff. Ala J.Cash. excpetin the part about not costing a dime,lol!.

NICE!

One thing we recently found with the Touch... when it loses power (like your house has a power outage) you will lose all graph data. Just FYI. A couple of us posted about it on their support forum. They think it may be a firmware issue. But no response yet as to when we might see a fix. Definitely do the vortech module. It really adds a lot of functionality because you can have the vortechs automatically switch to different settings throughout the day.

I want the optical water level sensor! I'm planning on buying an apex as of right now. Are the profilux better? Pros and cons?

Yeah I did some searching and ill stick with the apex, probably the lite at first and then ill get the ph probe when I need it.

I opted for Profilux mostly because I heard that it made the others look like toys. But you pay dearly for it. 6 outlets on your strip, and like ~300 bucks for another power strip. If I remember right.

I opted for Profilux mostly because I heard that it made the others look like toys. But you pay dearly for it. 6 outlets on your strip, and like ~300 bucks for another power strip. If I remember right.

Yes, retail is $299
But wait till you see that power strip in person. It's a MONSTER.
And as you can see there is really no wasted space inside...

6_socketPowerbar_AJ.jpg

Back