Progression of my 55 gal RR tank

Skylar Oborny

Reefing newb
Here is my 55 gal RR tank that has been up and running for 2 months today, it contains 6 astreas, 6 hermits and a maroon clown. I dont have much growing on my rocks, besides small purple specs that I am hoping is coralline algae and some sponges. The copepods have cleared my glass of all the algae, will my inverts make it much longer? There is not much algae for the snails to eat, what do I do? Please help. What is my next step? Am I in the right direction?

Attachments

• WP_20131003_002.jpg
    WP_20131003_002.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 237
I can tell you that I started with 3 astraea turbo snails, and two days ago one of them just died. I do believe it was because of lack of food. I started my tank almost 4 months ago. With 6 of them in your tank and not enough algae you probably are gonna need to add some food for them. I read they eat spinach and lettuce, but I'm not sure.

My moonlight LEDs run from 9am - 8pm, actnic lights run from 11am - 7pm, white lights run from noon to 5pm. I am not sure what I am going to stock yet. I would like to do a reef tank, but I havent decided yet what is best to start with

Back