project in mind

CurtisL

Reefing newb
I have 2 standard 10 gallon tanks laying around thinking about making a 10 gallon reef with a 10 gallon sump... any opinions? what kind of pumps/flow should i be looking at?

The mag 3 will give about roughly 200 gph at 5 foot below the tank.
But i like the idea of a 10gallon

How are you planning on doing the overflow? That flow rate will dictate which pump you'll use. Instead of the K1, get at least a Koralia nano 425 and maybe a second 240 for flow in the tank.

i was thinking about drilling it with an acrylic overflow... i just wanna keep it a budget build and dont know if i want to invest in all of that lol. gonna try and do everything with what i have or used things.

You could always try just drilling a hole in the glass and using a bulkhead and PVC to make your overflow.

yah i think just a hole with a bulkhead would probably be fine.. kinda like LFS's have there lagoon frag tanks. i think i might start to build a stand this weekend.. what about lighting any suggestions?

Sweet. Only thing I'm thinking of is if I should do a ten over ten or if I should get a 20 from petco and do a 20 over 10

if you get a 20 high thats 24 inches the 20 inch light will be fine, i haev the 20 inch light over my 37 gallon 30 inch tank

The only problem I see with the 20" T5 fixture is that you'll never find any decent replacement bulbs for it.

Back