Project5k and the new 75Gal salt tank

well i'll tell you that everyone that i know hates pollys, they are over priced, and i've only ever had one intelligent conversation with anyone that has ever worked there... i personally dont go there anymore...

i would suggest that you either go to aquarium designs in north san antonio just off 281 just south of 1604, go in there and ask for jason, everyone is great there, but jason is the boss man..... he knows his stuff, and while he may be busy and you might have to wait your turn to talk to him, i promice if your honest with him, he'll make sure you succeed..

the other one that i go to is the austin aquadome, just off ben white in austin... i cant for the live of me remember the dude's name, but there is this (id guess) mid 30's guy with red hair, he's the one to talk to, the woman and the older guy that work there, just never really seem to want to talk to me very much.. but that red headed guy is cool...

now i just came across a new(to me) one today while i was looking for my new tank, its called rivers and reefs, and thats in south austin, on s1st i think and there is another new(to me) one in new braunfels, called Darby's tropicals, i called over there and the guy was plenty nice enough on the phone, but i havent been in there yet to know if its any good or not...

the only other place that i know of around here is in seguin, and its this little tiny hole in a wall general pet place near the tractor supply at 123byp and court st. If all you need is a replacement stock biowheel, or maybe a small bag of salt mix ok, but dont go in there looking for any serious hardware, they just dont have it...

just so i can say i've put a recent picture up...

Attachments

• 75g system.jpg
    75g system.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 219
well, with the days of this system numbered... i thought i'd post a quick progress report, all is going well with this tank... just did a 10 gallon water change, sucked out some of the pom-poms of algae from the fuge, now i need to do that to the main tank, just using a 1/2" clear tube and syphoning out water, i can use the suction to pull up and remove a bunch of the algae, or so it would seem...

also, about 2 days ago, i got up in the morning, and found Spike to be missing is lower tail fin... he seems fine, so, i'm not gonna sweat it...

Attachments

• 3-2-10 006  s.jpg
    3-2-10 006 s.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 222
well, this system has officially come down... its been poured into my 210...

so.... anybody lookn to buy a 75 system? I've got one for sale :)

Attachments

• 3-13-10 003  s.jpg
    3-13-10 003 s.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Back