Project5k and the new 75Gal salt tank

yea thats true, all he has to do is get hungry one time, and GULP!

infact, when i feed the eel, i'm feeding chunks about the size of my gobi.. hehehe hmm soemthing to think about...

i dont like the jesus reference, waldo isnt "spreading the word"

nor does he wear sandals, nor is he a carpenter.

now, back on track, so my next question is what do i do for a fuge now that the old one is in 100 chunks spread out all over the ground out back?

i measured and a 10gal glass wont fit where i wanna put the fuge, so i was wondering about acrylic, and just buying one, or building one...

thoughts?

yea i was thinking about the rubbermaid, or something along thoes lines, and no, looks dont matter, its inside the cabinet, or will be,

problem is that i was hoping for it to be clear like the one that broke, so that way i could see what was going on inside there, cause if its opaque, its gonna be kinda hard to get my head and arms in there to be able to see what i'm doing..

i've been super lazy on all this lately, but the newest batch of home made rock should be ready to put in the tank by now, and so now its time to get motivated. I need to move the tank from the stand its on now, to the new one, and get it all set up, and put in the new live rock and see how bad the cycle is going to be.

the other thoughts that i've had were to use one of the 32 gal trashcans that i use to do my water changes, and see if that would fit inside the stand on one side, and then leave the 30gal tank that i was going to use as the sump, and convert that into the fuge, that way i can still get to it and see what i'm doing, but i get to add the extra volume of the trashcan...

I'm really struggeling to make a decision on all of this, cause i want to do it the best i can within my limited resources, so i'm spending lots and lots of time just stairing at all the parts, trying to figure out that magic combination that makes the most sence, gives me the most benifits, and that will provide the best home to my salty friends that i can...

i guess there comes a time(like in this case, 2 or so months down the road) that you finally either have to :pooh: or get off the pot. right wrong or otherwise.

I'll see if i can get a couple friends to come over this weekend to move the tank from the old stand to the new, dunno if anyone will be available...

whats the worst thing that can happen, then tank breaks after filling it up on the new stand and i flood the house with 75 gallons of salt water, and kill everything in the tank? oh well. at least that way i'm not still just sitting here in a holding pattern not knowing what to do next...

Last edited:
yea, i'm nervous.. i havent gotten any confirmed help yet...
not to mention that i'm short on cash, and i'm almost out of salt, so, i'm gonna have to be pretty carefull and save most of my water to put back in till i get paid next week and can get more salt.

I am off Saturday if you still need help. You shouldnt be to far from me I am in ne San Antonio near IH35 and 1604. Just tell me when and where.

I have to go to work now ill be back on around 2am. I can bring my 17 year old son if you think we need more hands. Also I have a bucket of reef crystals that I opened last week can bring that in case we run short of salt.

hehehe yea, but your too far to help, i think, unless you have reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy long arms... and then youd just be funny lookn

no, actually Ted's gonna come over and help me, we're working out the details on pm's

Back