Protein Skimmer for a JBJ 28g Nano

DAvis

Reefer Madness
Hi All,
I'm going to buy a protein skimmer for my JBJ 28g Nano Cube CF. The available one from JBJ has less than favorable reviews. There are many inexpensive ones that also have questionable reviews. I am limited by the rear compartment (see attached photo), unless I use HOB, like Aqua C remora. I am thinking either the Tunze 9002 or a relatively new one from Euro-Reef, custom made exclusively for the JBJ! Check it out! Tunze runs about $160, and the Eur0-reef Nano Skimmer $128.

Dimensions need to be under 2 3/8" x 2 5/8", or 2 3/8" x 4 5/8", the two available areas.

Any thoughts on these? Both of these run silent, I hear (lol).

Buy Euro-Reef Nano Skimmers at Global Aquarium Supply

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 5,845
Thanks Ted,
Yes, it is promising! I e-mailed them yesterday with some questions, and they got back to me with in the half hour! Though my exact tank model wasn't listed, they said they had the plans and they custom make for the order! I think this is the one for me!

bak-pac also makes one for the biocube but it may fit into the jbj also my father-in-law has one and he really likes it

Hello All, this is my first post and a question to those with nano tanks, looking to see if any of you have tried this skimmer out. Any luck? I have a Red Sea Max 34 Gal and my skimmer seems to be underperforming. Don't want to do a hang on as A) the tank is already running, and B) it would look awkward in my living room.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi All,
I'm going to buy a protein skimmer for my JBJ 28g Nano Cube CF. The available one from JBJ has less than favorable reviews. There are many inexpensive ones that also have questionable reviews. I am limited by the rear compartment (see attached photo), unless I use HOB, like Aqua C remora. I am thinking either the Tunze 9002 or a relatively new one from Euro-Reef, custom made exclusively for the JBJ! Check it out! Tunze runs about $160, and the Eur0-reef Nano Skimmer $128.

Dimensions need to be under 2 3/8" x 2 5/8", or 2 3/8" x 4 5/8", the two available areas.

Any thoughts on these? Both of these run silent, I hear (lol).

Buy Euro-Reef Nano Skimmers at Global Aquarium Supply

So, this thread died? Did you end up going the globeaqua version? I have the same tank and am trying to follow others leads, the manufacture asked me for pictures as well, so between now and your post (2009) the jbj must have changed quite a bit, or at least enough that they still want pictures.

If not you, anyone else on this thread also have this tank and found something that works. Unlike you, I'd rather keep my center slot with a physical filter, along with the chemical filtration I use in the 2nd compartment, and then the macro in the 3rd with the lighting on it. so the 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 cube is the best location to pick up water in, I dont mind a backpack that hangs on grabing water here and returning it to the end cube as well, seems someone should have found a working unit by now.

Thanks

Back