Protein Skimmer missing collection cup lid

lido

Reefing newb
Hello everybody I am new and had a question.

I bought my protein skimmer used, but when driving home the lid for the collect cup flew off and I don't know the exact make of the skimmer, but it looks just like the ASM ones. The only difference i see is the neck for the collection cup is longer and my lid doesn't have a locking thing like the ASM ones. It also has 2 build on pumps which are the Sedra pump (3500). Does ASM have an older model? The guy I bought it from said he has had the skimmer for a while now.

Would be great if someone could help so i could get a new lid or mayb make something to cover it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0088.jpg
    IMAG0088.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 529
  • IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 532
  • IMAG0090.jpg
    IMAG0090.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 416
  • IMAG0091.jpg
    IMAG0091.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 498
You can go to S&W plastics and have them cut a round lid for you or you can cut yourself one with a router. They me even have a round one that may fit. You can also but a small acrylic cylinder to glue to the top for the foam to drop into the cup correctly. Weld-on makes the adhesive. They carry it or some lfs carry it also. There is a location in Riverside, Ontario and Montclair.

the only thing is you see how the middle is a bit taller then the sides? Not too sure if i could cut something to fit that? is the middle hole suppose to be covered too?

When I look at the ASM it looks exactly but just different collection cup. Does anyone know if they had like a older model?

i did a search on google and some of the pics of the ASM mini-G has the black lid that looks like the one i had before i lost it.. i though they were all black before and changed to the new locking clear lid... i wonder if i cut the locking tabs off would it fit..

Mine is about a year and a half old or maybe more. You can make any lid fit. It really doesnt need to be sealed. The diverter ring is nice to have but you really dont need that part. The lid is just going to need to sit higher than the spillway area though. In your pic, it looks like the center is higher than the outer part of the cup.

Well thefoam should stay within the outer cup area. But the lid would direct the foam down quicker. This will be a little harder of a diy because the center is higher. Hmmm... now I really want to know what the lid looks like. You maybe able to change out the lid for another brand if the diameter is the same.

Back