protein skimmer past or present

mcmusashi5

Octopus Wizard
this is a place were you post about the skimmer you have or have had and what do you what do you suggest for newbies and experienced people

buy the best one you can afford dont skimp on a skimmer. im running a msx extreme 200. if you skimp on your skimmer you will just need to buy a new one later on.

I think a good skimmer is extremely important. I also think they are way overpriced for a piece of molded acrylic and bubble makin' pump.

+1 dcan I had a bak pak 2 was ok until it started to leak. I tried for a day to get it to stop then I killed it because it pissed me off. When I took off the accelera pump from the thing the shaft on it had rust on it. Overall I think was the worst thing I have bought so far. 180 bucks down the drain that was the unit and bbx (bubble trap/surface skimmer) I have a hob fuge now from aqua traders the skimmers is ok on it. About as good as the bak pak (when it didnt leak) The pump isnt suppose to be very good but it has a ceramic shaft so no rust there. Eventually I will turn off that skimmer just run water through it and get a octopus 800s.

Back