Protein Skimmers for hang-on 100 gallon tank range from $130 to $250

Red Sea Berlin Turbo X
L
AquaC
Remora Pro
Dual Bak-Pak Hang-On
SeaClone 150
Turboflotor 1000 Multi SL

DEFINITELY NOT the Red Sea, Sea Clone or Bak Pak, that's for sure! The Aqua C Remora and Turbofloater are both good, but one you didn't list -- Octopus -- is in that price range, and is even better. So I vote Octopus HOB skimmer!

I'd be really pressed to run anything other than a Deltec Mce 600 on something that big, and I'm saying that as an Octo fan. I don't think even the Octo would keep up well to a 100G, I'd personally go with a sump

[FONT=&quot]I got the Coralife Super 125 working within 15 minutes out the box (after assembling all the parts, another 15 minutes).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The foam adjustment knob is easy to adjust. I have a new 72 gal bow front. The Coralife Super 125 has the same pump as the Super 220 so it’s got lots of power. I have setup as HOB so it could perform differently for you but it’s about $100 less than the ASM G2 and seems very well built...certainly much better than the SeaClone. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also I am using a Rena xP4 to "polish" the water. I also circulates the water because it’s a real (quiet) work horse. And it also setup easy as advertised, seems to be a really great device.:bounce:[/FONT]

I love my Reef Octopus BH-1000 for my 38 gallon reef tank. I agree with the others that I would prefer to go with a sump on a 100 gallon. But if HOB is your only option, this is a great skimmer. I think they have a model that is rated for larger tanks, and I would get that one, even though the BH-1000 is rated for up to 100 gallons.

Back