protien skimmer

imdaring

love my reef
is odyssea a good brand for a shimmer??

42e4_1.JPG

I have had their lights and they are great for the money. I don't know about their skimmers though. I read this one forum once about making the Odyssey skimmer work better. They did different tubing for the air, needle mods, etc. It turned out great! I will try to find it for you.

Thanks Biff......I will give it a shot and see how it works. I was having trouble finding a single review for it online. I currently have the ASM skimmer and it seems to work great but, it is only rated for up to 75g and my tank is 75g. I think I really need to get a bigger skimmer and I will try that Eshopps PSK-200.

My odyssea would barely skim my 55g, so for a 90, I'd pass. Maybe it'd be ok for a 29g or something. With this skimmer (and most others), you'll get what you pay for.
You could look at the bubble magus skimmer which would be good for your 90, I have had mine on my 110 for over a month now and it works well. Basically a knockoff bubble king without the $800 price tag.

Well that Eshopps PSK-200 and even the PSK-150 both have footprints that excede my skimmer section in the sump. I have no clue on what would work for a 6" x 11.5" skimmer section. I have looked at tons of sites and I cant find one that will fit.

A bigger sump/stand is out of the question, I'm assuming?

Hahha........yeah...there is no way I am upgrading my stand to a larger one.:lol: I just installed my sump 2 weeks ago. I wish I would have went with the sump one size bigger, but I had to cut my stand just to get this sump in there. I hope that by having a skimmer not as big coupled with the macroalgae in then fuge it will benefit from one another.

My assumption is this.....if I had a very large skimmer then it will take out a lot of nutrients and the macroalgae will die off. But having a smaller skimmer skimming out nutrients at a slower rate which gives the macroalgae ability to utilize excess nutrients and it will grow and then I can take out some of the algae which will help with nutrient export.

If not then maybe I can scoot my sump over some and put a skimmer next to the sump.

Back