Protien Skimmers

smmagui

Reefing newb
Hi, its me again. Another question for everyone, after 2 weeks of pure misery with my Seaclone 100 Im giving up on it. Not worht the headaches its causing ( I had to reseal it the first day and it continued from there). Im looking at 2 new skimmers. One is the BakPak 2R+ and the other is the Coralife Super Skimmer Needle Wheel. this is going to be on a 55 gallon FOWLR with an Emperor 400 already on. Any useful tips or experience with either one would be helpful. Thanks again.

Shawn

Ok, I looked at the Remore series and they are just little out of my price range. I am able to get the bak-pak for 100 and the needle for 70, so if you have any opinions on these or another in the 100 price range let me know. I appreciate the recomendations and will look into getting one once my leg is healed and I can return to work.

Shawn

I had problems with my Coral life. It continuously produced micro bubbles and foam in my tank I am sending it back so I hope the new one will work I will keep you updated

Thnx Captainaudio...Appreciate it.

Im not going to order it until the end of the month (love disabiltiy checks lol) but I am leaning towards the bak-pak.

Shawn

I have the super skimmer on my 55g and it works great. No problems and produces ample amounts of skimmate. Also cheaper. A little small on a 55g though, but it works for me.

Tony

If it were me I would just keep the Seaclone and save your money as the ones your looking at probably won't perform any better. I have just seen local club members go through skimmers only to eventually get the one they should have got up front.

eBay: AquaC Remora w/ MJ 1200 Protein Skimmer Aqua C *NEW* (item 130036200138 end time Oct-21-06 20:00:00 PDT) 169 on ebay.

You can find the remora for a good price if you watch ebay and check the trade/sell forum over at Reef Central Online Community .

I agree with everyone here, I started with a SeaClone, then moved to a Red Sea Prism, then FINALLY got a real nice Aqua C Remora Pro. I spent more on the first two than the Remora, and that's the only one that works. If you are going to get a new one, you should get one that works right off the bat, or else you will be slowly wasting your money.

I want to thankeveryone for the advice...I've talked the wife into it, as long as it is available in a hang on tank because it still is just a base 55 no sump, overflo or any goodies yet..Im going to go ahead and order it at the end of the month...

PS Anyone wanna buy a paper weight, oddly shaped like a seaclone 100

:)

Thanks
Shawn

I ended up just taking the powerhead off the (useless) Seaclone and putting it the tank... The rest of it is behind the couch. That ended up being an expensive powerhead.

Back