protien skimmers

Some times.
What kind of skimmer do you have?
Neither one of mine make much noise at all,except for the where the water comes back out of the skimmer.

i know my skimmer is pretty crappy, or at least the brand is known to be. its an Odyessa. i didnt have much money at the time that i bought it so i found this one for 30 bucks on aquatraders.com. any suggestions for another skimmer if you think i need one?

I dont know anything about the Odyessa skimmers,so its hard to say.
I also know a lot of folks will say that seaclones are no good.But I do run one on my 30 and like it pretty good.
But if was going to buy another skimmer,It would probably be a Coralife Super Skimmer.

mine doesn't make a sound. I have an excaliber - it is an awesome unit, although I am not sure where you can find them.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Doc,I don't think they make Excaliburs anymore.That was one great venturi skimmer though.

David I use a air diffuser(silencer) that came with my maxijet on the airline to quiet my skimmer.My recommendation for a somewhat affordable skimmer is either ASM or Octupus skimmer.

I have a in sump ASM skimmer and love it my Nitrates so far have stayed at zero. with it being in sump it doesn't make hardly any noise.

yeah i dont have a sump though. but i guess its not being REAL loud, but i have a friend that uses the same one on his 20gal nano and he loves his. so we will see how it works out

I have read a huge thread on RC were they were testing the cheap skimmer and the oddysea was one of them and they said it was a great skimmer, however, they might have mesh modded it. If I see the link again I'll post it on here, but I hav'nt seen it in sometime.

You are right, they don't make excaliber skimmers anymore. Just my luck, I find a great product and then they discontinue it. lame.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Back