Protine skimmer

Kwater

Chill
I am gona get a new skimmer. I want a great one. I want exelent water quality so I can keep the hard anenomys and happier staghorns. I am looking at a I belive the logo is mn. It's two letters in a blue sircle. It goes up to 150 gallons. Mine is 80 gallons. Is this a good enoughf skimmer

i ran across a couple of these cone shaped ones recently when i was looking to get my new skimmer, but they were just outta my price range....

well, now that i have one that i can see in action, i'm seriously thinking about making my own.. my research in cyclonic dust collectors has tought be quite a bit about flow and laminar flow and all that junk, so i think i might just have a shot at making a working unit...

yet another project to add to the list...

last week, i just got my octopus110, so far its far more predictable than the pos i had.. so hopefully it'll be the last one i need for a good long while.

I started to read it, but after the big price mystery was unveiled, I stopped reading. It's out of my price range, but if I was going to spend well over $500 for a skimmer I would rather buy it from an established company with good customer support than take my chance on a "homemade" skimmer from a LFS. Do they offer support and a warranty? I didn't read it all to see the details on the LFS that sells/makes it.
Just my :twocents:

Well it's a cone skimmer and for a cone skimmer it's priced pretty decently when you look at the Tunze Hydrofoamer pump and the performance pics posted in that thread. Where you stopped reading was almost a year ago. Keep reading and you'll see astonished customer after astonished customer in regards to performance of this skimmer compared to their other skimmers, some much more expensive. It's definitely got me interested. If I was going to spend near $500 for an Octopus cone, i'd definitely be looking at these.

As far as warranty, Tunze will cover the pump but I haven't read anything yet on the skimmer body. But at this time I have no reason to believe the manufacturer wouldn't warranty it. Will have to ask.

Kwater, you might also consider the Warner Marine skimmers, which are unreal. Look up the K1 (I think...?) cone skimmer, pricey but worth it. Every socal shop worth a darn will reccomend one. Socaltropicalfish in fullerton will be able to get them, and that guy Tom has some of the best prices around on equip. HTH buddy

Back