Prototype220's 20g long

I'm just getting more and more good news this week! Money from Marineland, Heat losing (I'm from Cleveland and HATE the ground LeBron walks on), and this morning I woke up to find my green BTA that I got with the clowns split!!! :bounce: It was a risk even buying one since my tank was/is so young. But my clowns were hosted to it, and it seemed to be a healthy specimen (brown/green tips with a purple foot). The first night it tried to commit suicide on my powerhead. Luckily I go to bed late and was able to free it! :x: the entire time, but it pulled through, found a spot it liked, hasn't moved, and eats good! I feed it thawed frozed mysis shrimp about three times a week, but it is getting a darker brown hue to the tentacles so I prolly won't have to feed as much.

Here's the before pic

IMG_0577.jpg

And this is what I found today

IMG_0834.jpg

Can't be from stress cuz there aren't any signs and params are good... YIPPIE!!!

My carpet anom is splitting as I type. Thank goodness I have alot of friends here that have tanks and will take the second.

Be careful with nems splitting, unless the nem is growing much bigger and then splitting its a sign of issues. The spilt in the hopes of the of daughter nems will survive when the parent wont.

I think i just over fed mine. Have had it 3 months now. It moved about 4 inches from where I placed it in the tank. The bubble tip I have is still doing great and happy. Both are in the same tank on opposite ends so probably don't even know the other is there.

Be careful with nems splitting, unless the nem is growing much bigger and then splitting its a sign of issues. The spilt in the hopes of the of daughter nems will survive when the parent wont.

What yes do you think it could have? So far it's still sticky, actually gained a bit of a brownish color, hasn't moved since it settled, eats good/regularly, params are good (saw my earlier post), it even closes at night and opens in the morning. I'm asking because I've been googling this all day trying to find signs one way or the other lol

Its hard to tell because you only just got the nem, and it could be splitting because it got larger or my thoughts is that its splitting because its under stress from all the moving its been through. Just keep an eye on it for signs of other bad stuff like bleaching or wandering. If you see either of those, then you worry the nem isnt doing so well.

So far do good on the nem everyone! Still no movent, no loss of color, opens and closes daily, but I haven't fed them yet because I don't think they're fully healed. Got the cheato the other day and emerald crab and hermits are munching a bit, but not demolishing it so I think the corner ball may work out :). Plus, got the tangaroa goby and a small biocube skimmer! Didn't want a huge one for aesthetic purposes, but enough to get me just that much closer to non-detectable nitrates. Pics of the goby if he ever decides to come out of hiding for more than 5 seconds lol. Here's today's tests...Happy reefing everyone :)
79b8098a.jpg

Soooooo, everything has been going great in my tank...until today. One of the nems decided to move last night I gues. Today was my tank clean day, so I took apart my fluval filter to clean it and there are pieces of the nem all over the filter sponge!!!! So I'm like "great he's a goner", but at least it split before so I still have another one. However out of the pieces, there seemed to be a few salvageable ones, as in no brown jelly and still firmed up when I touched them! I QT'd them in the tank in a small chinese food dish and have been closely watching them today, and believe it or not, the little bastadrs attatched to the cup and acted like they want to stretch for some light! They said bubble tips nems are resilient, but this is ridiculous! Imma keep a close eye on them for brown jelly and such and keep you guys posted, but I may end up with like 4 green BTA's!

Here's a pic! One on the left looks best, middle is smallest, and left is the most chewed up, but all are securely attached! Please lmk if you've experienced or had success with this!
3d42348a.jpg

@chichimom I don't either! I know they split, and I know you can VERY CAREFULLY split them, but these things were basically put through a blender! No brown jelly I'd desintigration today...yet :x:

Back