PIC-0129.jpg

still have some cyno stuff hangs on
PIC-0130.jpg

PIC-0131.jpg

setting up the sump with the octo 150,and the pump
PIC-0132.jpg

and the overflow.....should I use the filter on this or chunk it
PIC-0133.jpg

well I have more rock to buy(about 50 pounds)anyone have a good online vender cause Im not going to pay the LFS price for 50 more pounds:grumble:

Well, it's pricey... but you'll get what you pay for. Do a google search on Tampa Bay Saltwater. I'll probably be ordering some rock from them for my new tank.

I didn't use the filters when I had an overflow. There is a mini "standpipe" you can make out of pvc to get rid of allot of the gurgling. draw back is it makes lots of bubbles so you may need to baffle your sump.

I would look around a lot for rock. There are many sites which sell it and the prices are all over the place. Be sure you consider the shipping costs involved too.

Its coming along nicely.
I'd ditch the pre-filter in the over flow.They usually aint that great no how.

Its coming along nicely.
I'd ditch the pre-filter in the over flow.They usually aint that great no how.

Don't spend all the money on more live rock. If you have a light bioload, you don't need more yet. Buy base rock, and as the bioload grows, the base rock will be "seeded" accordingly. Base rock is a ton cheaper, and as long as you go slow with stocking your tank, the spread of live stuff onto your base rock should move at the same pace as your stocking increases.

I have about 80 lbs of rock in my tank, but maybe 20 of it started off as "live". Now you can't tell the difference between what started as live and what was seeded.

Thanks for the link that was very informative...... I’m finding that the 2 LFS stores have different ideas of what "live" rock mean, that’s why I’m looking for a online vendor.....I’m waiting on my tank to mature so I’m just buying allot of live rock mostly for my amusement is all......I have a good mix at this point of live and base but like stated above I’m not sure by looking at the lfs rock which is which(other than price and they love there rock by the price)......So unless its going to cause a problem Ill just get another 30lb of live from a vendor and 20 or 30 of cured rock and Ill have about 2 lb per gallon

Last edited:
try going on craigs list. When I bought more rock for the 210 i upgraded to,:bounce: i went online and got like 150 pounds of live rock for 100 bucks.:bowdown: thats like 3 dollors a pound. you cant beat that anywhere:mrgreen:

try going on craigs list. When I bought more rock for the 210 i upgraded to,:bounce: i went online and got like 150 pounds of live rock for 100 bucks.:bowdown: thats like 3 dollors a pound. you cant beat that anywhere:mrgreen:
is this the new math the kids keep talking about?

So i was exagerating a lil, but it was still way cheaper then paying the lfs prices:Cheers: it was more like 300 dollars i didnt think anyone would mnotice. But David I did go to Sunnyside high if that explains anything about my math skills:shock:

Back