Pulsing Xenia colour change

Discussion in 'Corals' started by kevvin27, Aug 23, 2010.

1. kevvin27

kevvin27

I got a pulsing xenia a few months ago now and it was fairly small and a lightish pink colour. I put it mid level in my tank with t5ho lighting and its become a darker more purple colour. Is this a bad thing? It's definately had a fair amount of growth since I got it. It's currently sitting on the sand bed as of yesterday, the same way it is in this picture. Where should I put it?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    kevvin27, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. kevvin27

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

You'll notice that a lot of corals will change colors as you go.Sometimes they'll take on brighter colors,other times they'll lighten up.Unless their bleaching,its not really a bad thing.
    Its the difference in the the lights and water parameters that most often cause the change.

yote, Aug 23, 2010
    kevvin27 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. kevvin27

reeffreak

Xenias are one of the few corals that does well in lower light and intense lighting.They become brown,darker in low light and lighter-sometimes pinkish in higher light.

Put it high up if you want it lighter,lower if you want it darker.Me,I I would put it in the trash.Just kidding,I had xenias grow out of control in the past.

reeffreak, Aug 23, 2010
    kevvin27 likes this.
  4. kevvin27

kevvin27

haha thanks both of you

kevvin27, Aug 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question