Pure Water Club -before I trash the thing

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
Before I trash my Pure Water Club filter can someone tell me what's wrong with it?
Today I unscrewed the carbon block and the floss prefilter cylinders and replaced them. I unscrewed the clear DI resin cylinder and put new resin in. I turned it back on and now the waste water outlet won't stop pumping water even when I turn off the RO/DI spigot. It did not do this when I last changed the filter a couple months back and I hope to god its not been squirting water down the drain for weeks. If so my water bill will bankrupt me.

Does your unit have an auto shutoff? It's a small white box with 2 lines coming in and 2 going out. You can take that off and check the 2 rubber gaskets inside. A piece of dirt or carbon may have got hung up in there and is stopping the gasket from closing. It should have 4 screws on it to take it apart.

22-168.jpg

There is some sort of regulator on the waste-water line coming out of the RO filter. I took it apart first thing and there doesn't seem to be a way to really look inside it. (I have the faucet handle turned off right now)

The "flow restrictor" is apparently broken and their is no replacement part at the Pure Water club website! --Actually I found it

Last edited:
hmmm mine just recently did the same thing, the ro water stopps running(cause the float valve cut it off) and the waste water keeps running... i'll have to check my cutoff valve, .... if its that easy then i'm good....

Sometimes when those ASOV's go bad it is actually a float valve leaking or a check valve leaking.

Sometimes it is a bad ASOV - we tried multiple manufacturers of these ASOV's years ago untill we found one that was dependable.

Russ

Back