Purewaterclub RO/DI garbage

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
:frustrat: I'm about fed up with this company and their products. When I first got the RO/DI unit the brackets that hold the filters in place were all cracked and broken. I sent them an email since there is no phone customer service and they gave me a bag of :pooh: about having picture to prove it was broken. I eventually got the new pieces. So yesterday afternoon I got to installing the unit with very little help from the instructions becasue they're worthless (sent for a RO/DI system that was not the one I bought). I got it all hooked up and hung on the wall. Now it was time to let it flush out for 30 min. I turned the water on and then the major leaking started. Its only leaking from where the inlet tubing goes to the RO filter housing. It leaked all over my drywall and electricl outlet! I'm sick of crap products. I called them and left a message, but no call back yet. Emails have been sent but no reply yet.

I just saw the other post. I'm actually glad I'm not the only one who's super PO'd about their product. If they don't resolve the issue I'll be reporting them to the better business bureau.

That sucks! I'm really bummed that you've had such a bad experience. Maybe they have gone downhill. I got my RODI unit from them about 4 or 5 years ago and have been very happy with it -- it has never had even one problem.

Thanks Biff! I really hope to get it resolved soon, but it doesn't look like that's happening. I left them a message yesterday morning and still no call back after 35.5 hours. I emailed them first thing this morning and no email. Their website says email is the easiest and fastest way to get in contact with them...that's a bunch of BS. All I really want to do is talk to someone directly. Who knows, maybe it's something I did wrong and it's an easy fix, but I doubt it since its leaking right out of the hose connection.

Yeah, I noticed some aquarium products don't really put much instruction. I just got a dosing pump, and it had NO instructions or any info, and their website was useless. The response I got to my email was "Check Dr. Foster & Smith's site for instructions"....but dr. f&s's instructions was just a description copy/pasted from the company's site!

Sorry to hear about your ro/di, though. I know lots of people here rave about it. Mine is captive purity. They had pretty good instructions, and I have to say, their customer service was very very helpful with my question. It works great! *knock on wood*

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. I've never dealt with them myself, but as an alternative I can HIGHLY recommend The Filter Guys

Quality products, fair prices and their customer service is awesome.
I ordered some odds and ends recently and a few days later got a $3 refund because the shipping ended up being less than originally calculated. How many places would bother doing that?! And I've even had email responses to my questions returned on the weekends.

I finally got a frantic reply back a few minutes ago. They sent me a complete parts diagram and told me to pick out what parts I need and they'll send them overnight. They seemed to be really concerned because I mentioned the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully this will fix the problem and I can have water by the weekend.

Hiker4twenty: Where did you find a phone number for them? I would also like to speak to someone directly. I returned my unit on Feb 1st and haven't heard anything. I hope to receive a refund because there were so many problems and their customer support via e-mail was not helpful at all.

Hiker4twenty: Where did you find a phone number for them? I would also like to speak to someone directly. I returned my unit on Feb 1st and haven't heard anything. I hope to receive a refund because there were so many problems and their customer support via e-mail was not helpful at all.

I actually found the phone number on the shipping label. It was listed right before the return address. I called and it went right to a machine. The people on the machine were Asian and spoke very broken English. What sort of problems did you have?

Back