Purewaterclub RO/DI garbage

See my thread titled Problems with RO unit from purewaterclub. https://www.livingreefs.com/problem-ro-unit-purewaterclub-t22853.html

I noticed on their e-mail responses that English was not their primary language. I would e-mail them with a problem and the response (many days later) would not address my question. This happened several times so I just packed it up and returned it. I did ask about their return policy and the response was to return it in original condition. I'm not sure what original condition means. I tried to use it several times so its not really "orignial" condition. At any rate, I would like a refund but if not, so be it. Live and learn, right?

Here's a little update for everyone. F purewaterclub! I installed the replacement fitting and it did stop the leak. Due to thatg leak being stopped the pressure increased and let the wqater flow through all the filters and out the drain tubes. This is when the :pooh: hit the fan. 2 more leaks started spraying water all over my walls again :frustrat: i made a claim with the BBB today and sent a very nasty email to pwc. im retruning their terrible product and buying from a more reliablwe company. WORD OF ADVISE TO ANT POTENTIAL PWC CUSTOMERS....DONT BUY IT!

Sorry to hear about your problems with purewaterclub. I still haven't heard from them (after 2 e-mails) about my refund. Check out The Filter Guys. I purchased a unit from them and have had no issues.

Ouch, sorry to hear that, Hiker. :(

I placed another order with the filterguys for some tubing and stuff on monday and had the package at my door on wednesday. And also got another shipping refund of $4 through paypal. Honest guys with great service!

WOW, I turned my buddy on to these guys. He wanted an RO/DI as he was about to have a baby. He ended up buying the 6 stage and could not be happier with it. I wonder if there could have been something wrong with your unit, besides the first leak. I mean, maybe the unit as a whole was bad or poorly manufactured.

That sucks. I would say that they have a good product but not enough customer service. And...occasionaly one is going to get broke in transit or be defective. That is what people should know before getting one, they're cheap but if you have a problem help is going to be slow or maybe not at all. I have the 6-stage and have definitely gotten good use out of it for drinking water and the tank.

Last edited:
I bought one last week a six stage was told from a friend on here that they were ok and It came two days ago from purewater.com. yes there derections sucks. I havnt installed it yet im going to run it to the frig and a spare tank for make up water. There little free floot valve looks like a freeking babys toy I wounder if it really works? I sure wished Id read this a week ago. ILL let yall know how it goes wish me luck.

Last edited:
I bought all my RODI stuff from Pure Water Club with no issues.
They answered my emails and everything promptly.
This was 1 year ago.

I just used my last filter and placed an order for replacement on Tuesday.
I received my filters on Friday!!

After reading this, I went to their site......

IT'S GONE!

Hmmmm?????

Well im hooking my ro I got from pwc as we speek and there direction are a bunch of bull s#%t. It say I need to flush the membrain out if it get silty. The package that the membrain came in says to flush it out for a min of 2 hours ,its say it may have this chemicail in it to blah, blah, blah,does it or dont it? The instructions to are not really clear on how to flush the membrain out. Can some one help me here that might have done this? please help. LOL its two in the morning here and Im ready to get this over with.

I guess they're back...
For some reason, the site was down when I checked.

Just to add......I've never had any issues with this company...I purchased (2) RO/DI systems & extra filters.

!

Well, I'm glad everyone else had good luck with their PWC ro/di systems. Mine still doesn't work and I'm no longer getting any customer service from them. They don't anwer any of my emails and won't process a return for me. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau last week. I'll probably get nothing out of it, but a broken ro/di unit that I might be able to use for spare parts for my new one. I wish I would have just spent the money on a better unit and not cheaped it out on PWC one. :frustrat:

I'm with you Hiker. No responses to my e-mails and I already sent the unit back. I'm going to try filing a claim with paypal.

i bought this ealrier in the year. I got the 100 GPD unit for $140 approx. I would not recommend this unit for sure, :-
1) there are leaks all over . Water dripping from joints. People living downstairs keep complaining of water dripping from their roof top. Bad... i feel bad,
2)The unit has 6 stage that includes a DI stage as well. I was expecting neutral to acidic water but the KH remain very high at 14 DKH, It has been a constant struggle.

I was also bought a additional DI add on 7th stage from bulk reef supply. To my surprise it did not leak at all. so now i need to spend again to probalbly buy a ro/di unit from bulfreefsupply that i hope will solve the KH issue as well. Would like to here anyone using the purewater club unit if the KH from the water is high as mine.

Back