Purewaterclub RO/DI garbage

purewaterclub ro/di unit review
i bought this ealrier in the year. I got the 100 GPD unit for $140 approx. I would not recommend this unit for sure, :-
1) there are leaks all over . Water dripping from joints. People living downstairs keep complaining of water dripping from their roof top. Bad... i feel bad,
2)The unit has 6 stage that includes a DI stage as well. I was expecting neutral to acidic water but the KH remain very high at 14 DKH, It has been a constant struggle.

to explore my options i also bought a additional DI add on 7th stage from bulk reef supply. To my surprise it did not leak at all from its joints. so now i need to spend again to probalbly buy a unit from bulfreefsupply that i hope will solve the KH issue as well.

I had a awesome experience with them recieved mine and it was damaged they sent me the new part plus gave me a extra......had a leak when I turned it on and tried to tightn it and cracked the lid so I called and told them what I did and that I needed another one and sent all my info includeing my credit card number and they sent me 4 caps and never charged me

this is the second unit i got from purewaterclub. The 1st had a lot of issues. he one i have now works better. i think now that the unit in itself is as good as any other company. To make it work well we need more add ons eg - a pressure reducing value if pressure if too high my case), then i added 2 presure guages to keep track of pressure before and after RO membrane, and i also added valves at post pre filter, post ro, post di stage to tap water for tracking TDS.

All in all i had several struggles :-
1) The 100 GPD unit i purchased initially from there webstore was packaged poorly and it never worked properly starting day 1.
2) amost a year later now i was ready to try another unit. I looked a bulk reef supply, marine depot etc, and after reviewing all products i had to painfully agree with myself that the product on sale on purewaterclub ( 150 GPD 6 stage) was best priced and technically there was no reason for it to not work. So with much aprehension i decided to try again ready to go the extra mile to make it work if i had to
3) The unit was shipped as usual with great speed. to my surprise the unit was all connected and did not need much to be done
4) I disconnted my old unit and attached in my new unit 1-2 hrs max.
5) Onthis unit i had to only insert the ro membrane and connect the membrane to inlet and out let, connect discharge line, and add valves to dinking water line and pure water
6) i had the reserve tank from prior unit and wated to use it. I took out the connector at the DI stage and connect it to the tank. Making sure i used teflon and could make all connections as light as possible
7) After hooking up i testd the water and wola the TDS for 1st time ever shows 1 on the meter. The distilled water from store shows 4 on my meter.
8) I saw a littler drip on the push in connector from the auto shutoff valve and a yes next morning a little leak in the pre filter canister
9) I tghtened the canister and it was ok no problems. The leak on the ASO was a lot more persistant. I had been exchanging email with purewaterclub and each time i was pleasantly surprised to see i was heard. Oh yes did i mention the 1st unit is bought was from the web site and service sucked and second was from ebay and service was great. He sent in a new ASO.
10) Next i had a issue with the water running all the time. Initially the unit was connected directly to the water lines under the sink. Pressure on the gauge was between 80 to 120. I decided to add a watts p-60 or p-80 pressure reducing valve. This maintained the pressure at 50 PSI. when the unit was not connected to the tank i would see the auto shut off value shut of the system at 30 PSI. However as soon as the tank would be opened it would keep flowing. Also i hooked up the unit to a auto fill up to my aquarium via a float valve. I had to realign this valve to ensure a complete shut off to trigger the 30 PI pressure ASO shut off. As for the reserve tank, i emptied it and let it run overnight and when i woke up next morning i saw the pressure on the guage was at 30 PSI and the dischage line was shut off. And yes the ASO valve sent to me mail did not seem to work so i used the one that came with the unit. It has a little drip that i plugged by extensive tight wrapping of teflon tape

11) Now my rodi unit is working fine after a lot of hard work and after going through all this i cant see how buying from an other place would have made it any easier.
Bottom line a RODI unit has a lot of technicality around it and for someone new like me to RODI units it will be a painfully learning curve involved.

I've had issues with my purewater club 4 stage unit but then the 4 stage units are a bad idea to begin with. Because there is less pre-filtration before water gets to the RO filter it tends to put more load on the RO filter and kills it sooner. I do not even use mine anymore.

Last edited:
11) Now my rodi unit is working fine after a lot of hard work and after going through all this i cant see how buying from an other place would have made it any easier.
Bottom line a RODI unit has a lot of technicality around it and for someone new like me to RODI units it will be a painfully learning curve involved.

I'm glad it worked out for you in the end.
But my 5 stage from thefilterguys was a 15 minute setup and it worked perfectly the first time, with no additional effort/purchases/troubleshooting on my part. Everything I needed was included. All valves, pressure guage, connectors, etc AND awesome customer service. THAT'S how it would have been easier. ;)

+1 Dennis

I initially ordered from Purewaterclub and had lots of problems with connections, missing parts, leaks. I was never able to get my tds below 40 with this unit. Sent it back and ordered from thefilterguys. Couldn't be happier. I've been using their unit for almost a year now. My tds is always at zero and I haven't changed a filter yet.

Back