PureWaterClub

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
I ordered a RO/DI system from them a few hours ago. I did it over the internet and had no issues. They have very clear product details and specifications to help in choosing a system. Mine came with a free float valve and free shipping. Also, a 6pc RO/DI system for $97.00 is a great deal..IMO.
www.purewaterclub.com

I guess I'm lucky, mt lfs doens't charge me for r/o water, but then a gain I bring him a coffee and a Boston Creme!!!!

I got the RO/DI unit last night. It definitely could have been package A LOT better. The box was too small and it was about to rip at the seams. Not enough styrofoam, bubble wrap or peanuts to cousion the package. The bracket the holds the RO filter in place was broken during shipment. I emailed PWC about it, but got no response yet. Also the instructions suck! They're not too detailed and lack any sort of pictures.

I bought one last week a six stage was told from a friend on here that they were ok and It came two days ago from purewater.com. yes there derections sucks. I havnt installed it yet im going to run it to the frig and a spare tank for make up water. There little free floot valve looks like a freeking babys toy I wounder if it really works? I sure wished Id read this a week ago. ILL let yall know how it goes wish me luck.

That's good to hear bluespace. I'm glad you cancelled your order with that terrible rip off company. I just bought the same ro/di unit from filter direct 10 minutes ago. Hope you have good luck with yours.

I did not order from purwaterclub because of this thread. I just ordered me a brand new unit from Filter Direct the same place as Bluespace. I can't wait till it gets here. I've bought around 100 gallons of Distilled water so far LOL almost enough to buy an RO/DI unit

I'm glad this thread was able to help out VAreef! I can't wait until my filter direct ro/di system gets here so I can finally have my own water. I'm so sick of lugging gallons of distilled from the grocery store every week. Hope you have good luck with yours. Which unit did you get? I got the 6stg w/ (2) di filters.

Here's a little info about the shandy business practices of PWC. When I filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau it brought up a list of complaints already filed against PWC. It said they PWC has never responded to the BBB about a complaint filed against them. They're just that scummy of a company that they won't even respond to a gov't agency. SCAMMERS! PLEASE DON'T EVER BUY FROM THEM.

hmmm that sucks, mine came in, i've emailed them, and yes it did take 2 days to get a reply, but it was what i needed to know.. i've emailed them several times, and this is allways the case, it takes them a couple days, but then i get what i needed...

in reading thier emails, i would also be willing to bet that english is not thier first language.. so that might be part of the problem...

but my unit came in, works, no problems, not broken, well packaged, easy, maybe i got lucky, maybe they have changed since i did business with them, but so far, i've had good experiences....

They have really low prices so as a result they don't have operators standing by. You have to consider the low price you paid.

Here's a little info about the shandy business practices of PWC. When I filed my complaint with the Better Business Bureau it brought up a list of complaints already filed against PWC. It said they PWC has never responded to the BBB about a complaint filed against them. They're just that scummy of a company that they won't even respond to a gov't agency. SCAMMERS! PLEASE DON'T EVER BUY FROM THEM.

the BBB is governed and controled within its own entity. most are non profit. each state or province controls thier own BBB. primarily funded by charitable donations or by willing membership monies from companies or industry who are willing partners of the BBB. because a company is "ratted" out by the BBB, perhaps such as PWC they may NOT actualy be a member of the BBB. to that end if PWC is not a willing member the BBB has no control of that company and can only post the thoughts of people like yourself willing to report them.

in point the goverment does not control any BBB in any state of province. also unfortunatly the BBB has little to no power over bussiness even those who are willing members. i think its more to show from companies who are willing to be a member of the BBB that they are showing a willingness to customers that they are trying to be "accountable" to the consumer

They are a member of the BBB. I guess it worked because the day after the BBB said they contacted PWC I received an email saying they would like another chance to prove they are a good company and will be sending me another system. They pretested the system to make sure all fitting and connections were leak free. Shipped out yesterday and I got the UPS tracking number as well. Even sent a return shipping label for the defective product. I'm going to sell that unit to my brother since I've already purchased a new one from Filter Direct and it will be her on Tuesday.

the day after the BBB said they contacted PWC I received an email saying they would like another chance to prove they are a good company
A good company wouldn't have waited till the BBB contact them about your complaint to make things right. But at least they are doing something.

A good company wouldn't have waited till the BBB contact them about your complaint to make things right. But at least they are doing something.

I agree with your Larry. A good company would have sold me a quality product from the start and would have addressed the issues promptly. My filter direct unit will be here on Tuesday. Can't wait to get it flowing.

Back