Purigen

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Anyone else using purigen? I heard that it might help with that dusty green algae that grows rapidily on my glass.

Also, is it necessary to run carbon while I am running purigen?

I had that problem during my cycle period. I just went out and bought a glass magnet scrubber. After a couple of swipes the glass is as good as new.

I had that problem during my cycle period. I just went out and bought a glass magnet scrubber. After a couple of swipes the glass is as good as new.

I am trying to fix the problem, not mask it. It will only grow back as soon as I clean the glass.

I have been using it for about 2 months. It seems to have improved the water slightly and I do not run carbon with it. I still have to clean my glass though. I run the magnet cleaner every two or three days when the green dust gets bad. I am thinking about switching back to just carbon. the purigen seems to leak through the media bag and ends up on the bottom of the tank and I don't like the look of it. I even have the purigen in a panty hose inside the media bag and it still leaks powder out. Lame

-Doc

Back